Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When W was elected to a second term.....

I didn't watch TV or look at the news for a week.  In fact, if I could have stayed in bed if I could.  History will show he will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.  Of course that is unless Sarah Palin is ever elected.  Of course, she'd only last two years and resign.  The thought that Sharron Angle actually had a chance of being elected to the Senate simply befuddles me.  She's an idiot.  And I'm judging.  Did you see the video of her offending the students that asked her to attend their meeting?

There are a few things that have made me happy over the last day.  One, I had a great trip to Minneapolis to watch Betty McCollom take her district without an issue in Saint Paul.  We attended her after party before heading over to the Hilton in Minneapolis to watch Mark Dayton (hopefully) win the election there.  Of course, we'll see about that one.  Secondly, our host in Minneapolis was so gracious with the use of her manse and being able to work from there today really helped.  Lastly, being back at the lake we watched Glee and I really was happy that I was with my partner.

We talked about the fact that we spend far more time with each other than most couples.  We both work from home for the most part and don't travel separately.  Well, not often.  The fact that the House has converted to a party that thinks my relationship is repulsive infuriates me.  Guess what?  It doesn't matter.  Spend us into oblivions again, Republicans.  You can't take away my life.

Oh, by the way, Bon Appetit has a new editor in chief...... Check out this article in the NYTimes..... Bon Appetit !

No comments:

Post a Comment