Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Myth of Sharia Law in America's Courts

Once again, the right is creating fear among the people.  I've chosen not to comment on this subject at all but it was brought to my attention more than a month ago by a conservative friend who is actually (seemingly) scared about this issue.  After Oklahoma passed their ground-breaking resolution telling courts they could only use U.S. law to judge cases (hmmmmm..... did we really need that on the books?  Isn't there a document defining the branches of government?  Oh yeah!  The Constitution.) I decided it was finally time to completely understand what this is about and if I need to be concerned.  Verdict:  time for another cup of coffee.  This one is hocus pocus.   Oklahoma and wind sweeping down the plain

No comments:

Post a Comment