Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Republican Economics/VooDoo Economics

Ever since Ronald Reagan threw the United States under the bus by spending us into oblivion the tradition has continued.  George H.W. Bush raised taxes, surprisingly enough.  Of course, he also coined the term, "Voodoo economics."  For those that are uncertain about this economic approach it's basically this:  Cut taxes, cut some spending on social issues but spend wildly on military operations.  The numbers look like this.  Tax Revenue:  $$$  Social Spending:  $  Military Spending:  $$$$$$$$$$.  I am more than trying to imply that 3 dollars are coming in yearly but 11 dollars are being spent.  I believe Reagan's staffers called it the "Trickle Down Theory."  Not until President Clinton was elected and his balanced economic policies took over did the country rebound into the most successful growth it has ever seen.  We were riding high.  Then W took over.  And now the Tea Party is blaming Obama.  They will be suckered into believing anything.  Well, the soon to be one Republican stronghold (well, chokehold) in the House has come out with their economic plan.  Economists are saying it won't work and Tea Partiers are doing a double take like, "We've been had!"  Take a look at this in the Washington Post: Republican Economic Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment