Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Monday, October 25, 2010

OMG! I love that I have this blog!

I grew up in the state of Minnesota.  The land of Hubert Humphrey and Walter Mondale.  I remember Vice President Humphrey, actually Senator at that point, giving his all until he passed and Muriel Humphrey Brown taking over his seat.  I regret this state has taken an odd view of their neighbors and friends.  Tim Pawlenty is an odd choice, Tom Emmer seems to be suspicious in his race for the governorship and now the bankrupt StarTribune bringing this in as a columnist is odd.  I despise anyone on any side of the aisle (or isle for AHO) not referring to the sitting president as President.  I've never done that with President Bush nor would I expect it from some conservative editorialist.  Unfortunately manners don't matter in politics.  Katherine Kersten is simply wrong.  This is a good and funny read......Katherine Kersten  

No comments:

Post a Comment