Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Friend From the Past

My friend Andrea sent something to me on Facebook today and I really appreciated it.  It's a very funny rebuttal to the shock jock Laura Schlesinger.  She's off the air or going off soon for being so bigoted.  Thank goodness.

There was a scene in the West Wing where Aaron Sorkin decided to mock her.  It's a brilliant scene and Martin Sheen plays it well.  Rob Lowe and the crab puff is probably the best line of the scene.  The others are just reminders that people are very misguided.

Jenna Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment