Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Setting the standard of where I will send my money.

They're ubiquitous every holiday season. Old, young, male or female ringing bells soliciting your change being dropped in a can for the Salvation Army. I've cut the cord. I no longer provide any funds to these people because they discriminate against me. Fortunately, our family is not in any current danger of needing their help so I'm able to say that fairly willy-nilly. (They won't pay for an MRI for our canine beast...)

I've also begun sharing my thoughts on this opposition with polite letters to store owners and managers. Letting them know that they are promoting discrimination when they allow the bell ringers to solicit customers. I've let them know that when an organization sends 25% of the money solicited in front of their store is used to urge legislation against me, I take great offense.

This is a great article about one man's ten year boycott of the Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment