Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Minnesota Move Eminent

While much news of this past week has Rodney and me elated, I'm crushed to see the sort of wasteful spending and hurtful governing that is going on in Minnesota.  There is no reason to oppose gay marriage.  Frankly, everyone may find this hard to believe, but I'm indifferent on the subject of gay marriage.  Although I don't believe the state should be passing judgement based on religious ideology, whether gay marriage is legal or not really has no bearing on me.  My feelings toward a partner are mine and no matter what the Minnesota legislature or some religious dogma states about them, mean nothing.  They're wasting our money.  Call you legislators and tell them to get to work on things that count! Minnesota State Legislature wasting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment