Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Tax and Spend..... Tax and Spend.... and Corporate Welfare

After reading an article in the Minneapolis StarTribune earlier this evening and debating about adding it to my blog, I ran across this joke on another blog and thought, hey, why don’t I put both together. Corporate welfare is the lifeblood of the Republican party.

Somewhat unrelated but still in the same vein, if I hear some right wing nut use the term, “Tax and spend,” I’d like them to share what they believe the government should do. Their primary purpose is to tax and spend. They should do it all above board, efficiently and effectively but this statement of, “Tax and spend,” being a bad thing is simply ludicrous. So SHUT UP!

OK, back to the joke and point of this post. A public union employee, a tea party activist and a CEO are sitting at a table with a plate of a dozen cookies in the middle of it. The CEO takes 11 of the cookies, turns to the tea partier and says, "Watch out for that union guy he wants a piece of your cookie."

Is it time to stop using Scotch tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment