Why not progressive?

At times I'm frustrated by those that don't follow politics in the United States. I worry they don't vote, I worry they don't get their opinion out there. Of course, I am very progressive and very much in opposition to the right, however, I'm being inspired by a much greater goal than politics. Politics is all cyclical. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. The important part of life is what all the regular people are doing. I'm changing the focus of this blog a bit. Not because I think the Tea Party won the midterms or anything like that but because I want to elevate us above that sort of derogatory nonsense into something that is far more useful. Something to save us and save the world. Small goals, I know. But seriously something to talk about.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Taxes: Should we support snowplows? We support so much more.

I've had two resounding points hit me tonight.  One was a friend worried about their health insurance.  Seemingly they're uninsurable.  Well, for less than $2000 a month.  We're going to see how that plays out.  That person knows my resources are their's and knows that we will support anything they need.

I read a blog from a friend tonight that highlighted some perceptions about taxation that really hit home with me regarding how we spend our money and how our government spends our money.  Frankly, I don't know who I trust more but if one's street/alley/sidewalk wasn't cleared from the blizzard would you complain?  What's Going On?

No comments:

Post a Comment